Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Children to Children Helps Foster Kids

Mackenzie Snyder estimates that she has touched about 60,000 lives. How? By providing foster kids with a backpack\duffel bag and a stuffed animal.



If you’ve ever thought that one person can’t make a difference, I think you’d agree that the kids highlighted here at www.KidsWhoInspire.com will make you rethink that stance. While none has acted alone, each has taken action the first action to enlist the help of others in order to help others.

Mackenzie’s story is a great example.

As her website states, she and her brothers won an essay contest in which the grand prize was a trip to Paris to attend a summit. While there, Mackenzie met two foster kids. When she learned that most foster kids have to carry their belongings from one home to another in garbage bags, she knew she had to do something, and Children to Children was born.

It wasn’t long until Mackenzie got the backing of Freddie Mac Foundation. Home Depot and Southern Management Company built Mackenzie and office complete with heat and air where she administers her venture.
Please visit her site www.ChildrentoChildren.org to learn more, and to help.

Do you know an inspiring young person? We’d love to hear about him or her. It’s easy to toot a horn for your inspiring kid. Post a blog on my site www.KidsWhoInspire.com, submit a story for inclusion in my book “Kids Who Inspire,” or email me at gordon@kidswhoinspire.com.

2 comments:

  1. I am very inpired by your story and want to help if you would allow me to and my parents say if I can, please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete